Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mean Girls

The lives of teenage girls are always full of all sorts of drama, but for the four main characters in the popular movie Mean Girls, their drama is raised to a whole new level. With silly rules like wearing pink on Wednesdays and not eating at lunch time, I have no idea why anyone would want to be friends with them. Other students refer to them as “The Plastics” because they are so fake. The four of them claim to be the best of friends, but they are constantly putting each other down behind one another’s backs and saying hurtful remarks. They judge everyone around them. They even have a “Burn Book,” which is a book with pictures and negative comments about their fellow classmates. This movie is funny, but that fact that some girls actually are like this is revolting. Girls in every school have drama, but I have never witnessed any actions that are as horrible as what these girls did. At one point in the movie, their pranks went a little too far, one of the “Plastics” ended up with a severe spinal injury. By the end of the movie, the Plastics broke up, and the four girls went their own ways because they realized that life shouldn’t be that way. Life is too short to always be causing some sort of drama, so why even do it? There was a time in my life where there was a lot of drama. Once I stopped hanging out so often with a particular person, it was like I waved a magic wand because the drama was gone. People need to look at the bright side and not fight all the time. Fighting and lies lead to drama, and nobody needs as much drama as the characters from Mean Girls create.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I totally agree with what you say about drama! Once you get away frm the "drama-causing factor" Whoever or whatever that might be, life is so much better! I love watching Mean Girls because it is the perfect parody of those types of peopl who cause drama! I wonder if they watch this movie and think "Wow is that what I'm like?" Knowing people like that I don't think that they view themselves like that. I wonder sometimes if they are even aware that they are causing drama, maybe its like one of those unlearned behaviors. Sort of like little baby ducks knowing how to swim without being taught. Maybe some people are born with the drama gene. Maybe we should do a sort of medical research on these types of people, just to see if thats what it really is! I'm actually like you, if someone or something is causing drama in my life I don't deal with it, I just get rid of it! Life is too short to sweat the small stuff, or worry about someone who just loves to cause problems in your life.